Support for Wiltshire residents
Neighbourhood Watch: supporting individuals and communities to feel safer
Crimestoppers: anonymous reporting of crime in your area, and information on what to do if you are worried about different types of crime in your community
Fearless: aimed at young people to help them report crime 100% anonymously
Victim Support: charity working to support victims of crime
Wiltshire Police: information on how crime is tackled in Wiltshire and how you can report it
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner: information on the role of the PCC and how they may be able to support you if you are concerned about crime in your area
On Your Mind signposts children and young people in Wiltshire to sources of support for good mental health and emotional wellbeing, including free online support and counselling from kooth.com
Download the Wiltshire Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Services list
Please also see our page on Wiltshire Community Safety Partnership for more information on how local organisations work together in Wiltshire to tackle crime.
- Helpline: 01225 775276 (Monday to Friday 8am-5pm) and 01225 712880 out of hours (5pm – 8am Monday to Friday, and 24 hours at the weekends).
- In an emergency, call 999
- Splitz Support Services: commissioned domestic abuse support service in Wiltshire providing support for victims, perpetrators and children impacted by domestic abuse.
- Wiltshire Council’s website lists other places for support, locally and nationally, for male and female victims of domestic abuse.
- NSPCC domestic abuse: information on how children are affected by domestic abuse and how you can help
- Refuge: national charity for women and children, including a 24 hour domestic abuse helpline (0808 2000847)
- Safe Lives: UK charity working to end domestic abuse. Offers advice, support and resources.
- Support for children:
Resources and guidance can be found here:
- Let’s Talk About It information for professionals and individuals about how to support someone at risk of radicalisation. Includes videos and downloadable content.
- Educate Against Hate practical advice for teachers, parents and school leaders on protecting children from extremism and radicalisation.
- Prevent Factsheet 2021
- Act Early provides resources and information for families and communities about what to do if you are worried someone you know is in danger of being radicalised.
- Wiltshire Council website: information the types of ASB and more detail on how this is tackled in Wiltshire
- Crimestoppers: information about ASB and how to report it anonymously
- ASB Help: a charity offering support and advice to victims of ASB
- Victim Support: downloadable resources and related links for support for victims of ASB
- Road Safety education:
- Wiltshire Police offer advice on preventing vehicle-related crime, such as theft and bike safety.
- The government’s THINK Cycle Safety website offers advice and guidance to cyclists on how to keep safe on the roads.
- The AA : information on young driver and rural roads.
- Turning Point: support and advice for individuals and professionals.
- Motive8: free and confidential support and advice for 11-18 year olds.
- Wiltshire Council’s website more information on substance misuse, where you can go for support and a confidential self-assessment for alcohol use.
- Talk to Frank: a straight-talking website with information on types of drugs, the impacts and where you can go for help